PELVIC HEALTH | PRENATAL | POSTNATAL | ADULTS
Pelvic Health Physiotherapy for Pregnancy & Beyond
We specialize in pelvic health physiotherapy for women in the prenatal & postnatal period. Our team is here to provide you with the guidance and support you need to navigate this transformative time with confidence and comfort.
Prenatal + Postnatal Pelvic Health
Pregnancy and childbirth can place significant demands on your pelvic floor muscles – the vital group of muscles that support your pelvic organs, control bladder and bowel function, and contribute to sexual well-being. Our perinatal pelvic health physiotherapy program aims to help you:
- Prevent and Manage Discomfort: Experience relief from common issues such as pelvic pain, lower back pain, and discomfort during pregnancy. Our specialized techniques can help alleviate these discomforts and promote a healthier pregnancy journey.
- Prepare for Childbirth: Learn techniques to optimize pelvic floor muscle function and enhance your body’s ability to withstand the demands of labor and delivery.
- Recover Postpartum: Address pelvic floor muscle imbalances and recover effectively after childbirth, reducing the risk of complications like urinary incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse, and perineal trauma.
- Promote Overall Wellness: Our holistic approach considers your physical and emotional well-being, providing you with tools to stay active, manage stress, and maintain a positive body image during this transformative phase.
What to Expect?
Our goal is to empower you with the knowledge and tools to navigate the perinatal period with confidence and comfort. Our physiotherapist will first talk you through the events of the appointment and answer any questions you have.
- Discussion of Medical History and Concerns.
- We assess your breathing, posture, muscles and joints related to the areas that may be causing any of your symptoms.
- If an internal exam is appropriate for you, we go through alternatives and make sure you’re comfortable with the internal portion of the pelvic floor assessment.
Education and Recommendations: Throughout the examination, the physiotherapist will provide you with information about your pelvic health, any findings from the assessment, and how they relate to your pregnancy or postpartum symptoms. They may offer guidance on exercises, positions, and techniques to support your pelvic well-being.
Personalized Treatment Plan: Based on the assessment, the physiotherapist will create a tailored treatment plan that may include a combination of manual techniques, exercises, relaxation strategies, and lifestyle recommendations. This plan is designed to help you address any discomfort, optimize your pelvic health, and prepare for childbirth and postpartum recovery.